The design of composite doors has come a long way since they were first introduced in the 1980s. Long gone are the days of doors which are supposed to be white but have now discoloured, warped and cracked. Although the latest composite doors have become incredibly popular with discerning homeowners, they are often more expensive in comparison to timber.
Add curb appeal and improve your homes security with a composite door
So if you’re considering installing a composite front door in your home, here are just some of the benefits they offer:
- Composite doors are made from a selection of materials such as a solid timber core, metal and plastic which is reinforced with glass, for example. The materials used are fused together, resulting in one of the strongest door materials currently available.
- With increased strength comes improved security and if you’re looking for a way to protect your home and family, installing a composite door is pretty hard to beat. Security features vary from brand to brand so if security is particularly important to you, it’s advisable to choose a leading manufacturer such as Rockdoor, Endurance or Solid Core.
- Modern composite doors are fitted with robust locking systems, many of which come with a guarantee. It’s also worth looking out for doors which meet the standards set by the UK Police’s Secured by Design Scheme for additional reassurance.
- Some composite door manufacturers such as Endurance offer the option to upgrade your door’s locking system to the Federal UCF Locking Cylinder from Bristant. This incredible locking system is intuitive which means that the hidden mechanism knows when it is being attached and will engage to prevent burglars from entering.
- If you love the look of timber but can’t face years of varnishing or painting then a modern composite door such as Solid Core by Bevelpane could offer the ideal solution. Offering all the good looks of timber without the drawbacks or maintenance, Solid Core doors won’t crack, warp or split, whilst if you choose a coloured finish, this is guaranteed colourfast for the life of the door.
- Last and by no means least comes energy efficiency. Good quality, branded composite doors are made to measure to ensure a perfect fit and because they are fully insulated and have energy efficient glass, your home will feel warm, cosy and free from draughts.
Choose a registered composite door installer
Installing a composite door is not only a great way to enhance the look of your home, it will also ensure your home is secure and feels warmer too.
To get the best from your new composite door it is best to have it fitted by a qualified, experienced and registered door installer. CERTASS is a competency scheme which regulates the double glazing industry, including the installation of composite doors. So, if you’d like to replace your existing door, the most reliable option is to choose a company whose installation services have been registered by CERTASS, such as Leeds-based G Parker, The Door Installer.